In today’s world, with the vast majority of jewelry being mass-produced, you miss out on the benefits of a handcrafted piece.
Imagine giving a bracelet or necklace that you created. You had input into the size, design and especially the meaning behind the gift. You are telling a story of bravery, love or adventure. You have the power to create your own narrative. That is was custom jewelry can do.
Hand fabricated jewelry is the rarest form of wearable art out there. It means taking a raw piece of metal, clay, or wire and hand shaping it, soldering, sanding, and hammering it to create its final form.
Here are just some of the benefits you are rewarded with when you support Handmade:
- An artist provides you a medium to tell your story, share to the world what you a most proud of, or profess your love.
- The finished price will be totally unique to its wearer
- You are supporting a small business and therefore someone’s dream
- You get a Personalized customer service experience: When you contact a small fabrication business, you are often speaking to the artist.
- Environmentally Friendly: Often times artists use recycled materials or environmentally conscience metals in their work.
- Artisans support other small businesses
When you purchase handmade jewelry, you are in essence celebrating an artists’ imagination and ingenuity; with the end result being a totally unique piece of artwork.